Sunday, October 17, 2010

PE6

My Study Island spreadsheet is going pretty well.  I thought I'd include a few snapshots of Study Island since I'll need these as part of my ARP.  I have also included the second spreadsheet to include the rest of the data.  

Here is some information on Study Island (SI).  Each student has their own account with a username and password to which only they, their parent and the teacher have access.  Once they take a pretest, they pick the area they want to concentrate on and they even get to choose what their character looks like.  I can then use this data to help formulate my lessons as far as how each student prefers to learn and how many questions they like to do at a time.  


If the student chooses to play a game, there is a whole list from which to choose.  Here is an example of basketball.  The student reads the question, chooses an answer then gets to shoot if they are correct.  

The student has the option to do the test mode which takes less time, but is not as entertaining.  It is totally their choice how many questions they do and how they do them.  There is a lot of ownership in to this tool.  

Now for the additional spreadsheets since I wasn't able to get all of the student data on one spreadsheet, I had to make another one.  I learned how to copy and paste cells so I didn't have to completely start over. his definitely saved me a lot of time.  The amount I am learning is incredible!

Here is the screen shot of the second section of my students since I have too many to fit on one page.  
The more my students take advantage of this tool the more information I will have to fill in my spreadsheets.  I will continue to update these and use this data for my ARP and my personal use.  

No comments:

Post a Comment