Sunday, May 15, 2011

MAC Blog Post 4 week 3 - Presentation

My presentation is coming along pretty well I think.  I am anxious to get some suggestions from my critical friends in my group.  They definitely are helpful with their suggestions.  I am trying to figure out what data and information is the most important to focus on in order to make the biggest impression.  Also, I have now started using Creative Commons due to suggestions by other classmates.  It sure is easy to find copyright-free images of anything needed.  Also, with my many screen shots of Study Island that portion of my power point is going well.  I have enjoyed being able to do the post 4 entries about my presentation each time as it has really helped me to think it through and figure out what direction I am going to go. The image to the right is a screen shot of one student's data from Study Island.  There is a lot of usable data just in this one image.

5 days later:  Things with my project are now changing a bit since I just saw an email that said our presentation has to be to a larger audience at a conference.  I personally will also be doing it for our other two district middle school teachers and my administrators since that is what would make the largest impact for my teaching at this time, but I will also be aiming it towards a conference audience.

2 days later:  Another change to the project is I may be doing an article instead of a PPT due to the fact that I am not able to find many conferences at this time in my area.  Maybe I'll end up doing both so I can still present to my district since that would definitely make the largest impact for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment