Sunday, May 29, 2011

Think Out Loud 2

Wow, I can't believe that month 11 is coming to an end on my 44th birthday.  A year and a half ago at this time I hadn't even seriously considered a master's program, but due to continuing contracts at my school, even though I have 16 years of teaching experience and 6 extra years of service to the district I am lower on the totem pole than teachers with 3 years of experience and their masters.  I wanted to get a masters that will really mean something in my teaching and help me to reach more learners in a meaningful way.  One area I was definitely the weakest in was technology, so when I received an email from Full Sail I decided to pursue it.  I was contacted within an hour and I decided this was the program for me.  I have met many wonderful people whom have helped me through this program and whom I am sure I will continue to keep contact with.  The professors have been very helpful and have taught me so much.  My ARP is something I will continue to pursue even after month 12 is completed.  It has been very successful in helping me reach the goal I was trying to attain.

No comments:

Post a Comment